Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Homemade Turtles

This is my favorite treat in the whole world and I can't believe I'm just now learning how to make it. Not only am I disappointed that it took me this long, but to make it even worse, they're so easy to make! What was I waiting for?!

I must say though, now that I know how easy these things are I'm going to be making them all the time Maybe I'll just keep a stash in the freezer and then I can just have one whenever I want! Yeah, I think that's a good idea :)

So, on to the recipe. If you're looking for a last minute treat to make for the holidays (or any occasion for that matter), you've found it!



Ingredients:
1 bag pecan halves
1 bag chocolate chips (I like milk chocolate)
1 bag caramel candies
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream


Toast the pecans in a pan, watching closely not to burn them.

Cover a cookie sheet in parchment paper. Lay the pecans on the cookie sheet in groups (you can add as many pecans to the group as you want, depending on how big you want your turtles to be)

Pour the caramel candies in a double boiler and add the heavy whipping cream. Once the caramel is melted, spoon it over each group of pecans. 

 Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler, and spoon the melted chocolate over each turtle.


Allow the chocolate to harden and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment